This topic is about the study of technical idea and standard system of developing green building, and regulatory system on green building development in Chongqing. It consists of two subtopics, i.e. Technical Standard System of Green Building Development in Chongqing and Study on Management Measures of Green Building in Chongqing. In addition, the research team also prepared a series of technical standard and regulatory measures concerning green building, which will contribute to green building development in Chongqing.
I. Study of Technical Standard System on Green Building in Chongqing
The research team analyzed the geographical and meteorological features and industry development status of Chongqing, and prepared a series of local standards and technical application guideline according to the requirement on promoting green building development of China.
1. he team prepared Key Technology Application Guidelines Suitable for Green Building of Chongqing through study, in which the detailed rules specified in the Evaluation Standard for Green Building are converted into detailed technical indicators for implementation according to seven aspects as land conservation and outdoor environment, energy conservation and energy utilization, water saving and water resource utilization, material saving and material utilization, indoor environmental quality, outdoor environmental quality and intelligence & information, so that a more executable and operable technical system on green building is formed.
2.the team revised Design Standard for Energy Efficiency of Public Buildings (Green Buildings) in Chongqing Municipality and Design Standard for Energy Efficiency (65%) of Residential Buildings in Chongqing Municipality. The revision of both standards mainly includes technical content on building environment design and comprehensive utilization of resources. In
addition, the technical requirement on the latest national one-star green building (silver-level of Chongqing) is incorporated into the Standard as compulsory articles. Technical ideas on natural ventilation, building shading and self-insulation of wall are also presented in this Standard as per the regional features and industrial development condition of Chongqing, thus a firm base for overall promoting the green building development of Chongqing is formed.
3. the team prepared Evaluation Standard for Green Building of Chongqing, in which 5 evaluation aspects (i.e. energy conservation and outdoor environment, energy conservation and energy utilization, water saving and water resource utilization, material saving and material resource utilization, and indoor environmental quality) are specified. In addition, technical requirements on construction management and operation management of green buildings are also presented. The chapter named Improvement and Innovation is added in the Standard for the purpose of encouraging the improvement and innovation of performance, and the adoption of advanced, suitable and economic technologies, products and management measures in all links and stages.
4. the team prepared Chongqing Green Building Design Standard through study. In combination with the National Evaluation Standard for Green Building of China and Evaluation Standard for Green Building of Chongqing (draft for approval), it established the technical indicators on green buildings, and divided the technical requirement of green building into 8 sections as conceptual design, architectural design, structural design, water supply and drainage design, HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) design, building electrical design, landscape and environment design and indoor decoration design. In this way, the tasks and technical requirements for all specialties are defined, the concept of share, balance and integration in green building design is sufficiently represented, and harmonious unity between aesthetic design principle and building function & technologies is highlighted.
5. the team prepared Uniform Standard for Green Building Material
Evaluation through study, in which the technical indicators for green building evaluation are divided into three main parts as basic technical indicators, green technical indicators and additional technical indicators, with corresponding evaluation methods.
6. the team provided systematic training in 8 phases and 5 specialties (i.e. construction, structure, water supply and drainage, electrical and HVAC) according to the key technology application suitable to green building of Chongqing and the technical content in Design Standard for Energy Efficiency of Public Buildings (Green Buildings) in Chongqing Municipality to totally more than 2800 main technicians from developers, employers, the design institutes, and drawing review institutions of Chongqing.
7. the team also provided training on the management and technical requirements specified in Design Standard for Energy Efficiency of Public Buildings (Green Buildings) in Chongqing Municipality to more than 200 executives from the commission of urban-rural development at district and county level, and assisted the commission of urban-rural development at district and county level to provide special training to more than 1000 quality supervisors and site construction personnel under its jurisdiction.
II. Study on Management Measures of Green Building in Chongqing
1. the team implemented the research on the legislation of Green Building Management Measures of Chongqing, prepared the Research Report on the Legislation of Green Building Management Measures in Chongqing. In this report, the present situation and experience of green building development both at home and abroad are analyzed, the present situation and main problems of green building development in Chongqing are summarized, the necessity and feasibility of legislation on green building are further analyzed, and recommendations on the legislation for Chongqing green building are given.
2. the team prepared Chongqing Green Building Management Measures
(draft). The draft contains 8 sections and 63 articles in total, including the introduction, general provisions, newly built green building management, green building technology application, green management of existing buildings, incentive measures, legal responsibility and supplementary provisions. In this draft, the green building management system and green building standard enforcement scope are defined; the methods and procedures of incorporating green building standard enforcement items into basic construction management, and the service system for green building technology application are established; the green management methods and requirements for existing buildings are highlighted; the incentive mechanism for the development of green building and relative industries is determined, and the legal responsibilities to be assumed in case of illegal acts are defined.