China Sustainable Cities Program (CSCP) Program Associate
The Energy Foundation is a public charity based in San Francisco, California, U.S.A. The Energy Foundation has a Beijing representative office that supports the China Sustainable Energy Program (CSEP, www.efchina.org), whose mission is to encourage China's sustainable development through energy efficiency and renewable energy policy development. Our primary role is as a grant-maker, working with Chinese institutions, government decision-makers, and international experts to assist in China's transition to a sustainable energy future. CSEP consists of eight program areas: Low Carbon Development Paths, Transportation Program, Renewable Energy Program, Electric Utilities Program, Buildings Program, Industry Program, Sustainable Cities Program, and Environmental Management Program.
The China Sustainable Cities Program seeks to help China to reduce carbon emissions and air pollution in new and existing Chinese cities by promoting sustainable urbanization and transportation systems development. Our program creates models that integrate principles of sustainable development for urban planning/design and urban transportation, and then deliver them into national-level policies to ensure the nationwide replication.
The Energy Foundation is seeking a Program Associate for its China Sustainable Cities Program (CSCP). This position will support CSCP team on grant and FIP management, FLUXX management and events organization. This position will also work closely with other Associate staff in CSEP to support the CSEP office-wide activities.
The Program Associate will report to CSCP Program Officer.
• Collect and review grantee's project-related documents, including project application materials, narrative and financial reports and other project documents. Ensure that standard types of necessary information are complete, and ensure that grants administration follows EF procedures and is dealt with in a timely manner.
• Organize and manage Foundation-implemented Projects (FIPs), including meetings, workshops, consultant contracts, and the like. Set up FIPs, collect and review FIP reimbursement materials and ensure that standard types of necessary reimbursement materials are complete and correct. Ensure that FIP administration and reimbursement follows EF procedures and is dealt with in a timely manner.
• Organize and coordinate CSCP meetings, workshops, consultant visits, study tours and funder trips, including issuing invitation letters, arranging accommodation and transportation, scheduling meetings, assembling meeting materials, arranging translation services, taking notes and developing meeting summaries, etc.
• Work closely with other Associate staff to support the CSEP office-wide events as required by the office, including annual Dialogue Partnership meeting, Policy Advisory Council meeting, CSEP funder trip, and the like.
• Follows EF standard, manage CSCP grant and FIP documentation system (both paper and electronic files).
• Assist CSCP senior staff on managing CSCP FLUXX system, budgeting system and filing system.
• Handle mailing, faxing, and correspondence and ensure correspondence is timely, cordial, and deferential.
• Translate written materials from English to Chinese or vice versa as required by senior staff.
• Undertake additional tasks and responsibilities as determined by the senior staff and program teams.
Qualifications and Key Competencies:
• Deep interest in the subject matter of clean energy, sustainable cities, and climate issues;
• Bachelor's degree or above.
• Ability to demonstrate at all times an energetic, "can do", supportive and professional attitude.
• Excellent organizational and multi-task management skills, attention to detail, and ability to plan and manage meetings, travels, logistics, etc.
• Ability to work fluently in English (both written and verbal).
• Solid computer skills (Microsoft work, Microsoft Excel, Power Point, etc.)
• Working experience in project management and communication fields is preferred.
Energy Foundation provides a comprehensive benefits package, including competitive salary, medical, dental, vision, disability and retirement benefits, plus generous vacation.
Please email a cover letter and resume, subject line 'PA application', by June 20, 2013 to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.